Sunday, January 10, 2010

Natural Hair Meetup

I forgot to post about my meeting on Saturday. I went to a Natural Hair meetup here in Memphis, I took my sister along with me because she is straight rockin her Locs, we had a great time. There were about ten of us, some had Locs, some had natural curls, and some were in the process of transitioning and just need alittle encouraging. It was nice to sit back and discuss hair with people who know what you are talking about instead of looking at you crazy when you mention something only us natural folks know about. I came across this meetup.com and that is where I found out about the group. Next meeting will be in February, looking forward to it.

Also, here is a picture of my sister. This picture was taken this past summer after getting a rod set, her hair is much longer now. She is verrry low maintenance, so the Locs are right up her allsy. She is so cute :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails