Monday, March 23, 2009

New Moisturization

So, Friday I went to Whole Foods, our neighborhood organic market and picked up some Aubrey Organics Hydrating Camomille Shampoo and Conditioner and a jar of Rainbow Neutral Henna Conditioner. I also got some free samples of Taliah Waajid Black Earth Products ( also natural products) the Lock It Up and African Healing Oyl. I was so excited and could not wait to try out my new stuff. Before I could henna I had to wash my hair. I loved the AO shampoo, my hair was so soft just from the shampoo and as it air dried it did not get rough or dried out. Next I did a strand test on a back strand of my hair, I mixed the henna as specified and applied, let it sit for and hour and rinsed it out with the AO conditioner. Lovely is all I can say. Satisfied, I mixed the rest of the henna and put it in my hair it smell and looked like green tea. After an hour I rinsed the henna from my hair, it did take about two wash and rinses to get the small seeds and grass or what nots out of my hair, but I did it. I deep conditioned for about thirty minutes and rinsed that out after my hair was a little damp but not soaking wet I applied a quarter size amout of the Lock It Up ( the package says it is for chemical free hair). My hair has been so soft since Saturday, I haven't washed it yet usually I have to wash every other day. At night I apply my Carol's Daughter Hair Milk and put on my satin bonnet, in the morning I spray with my Hawaiian Silky Moisturizer and Sheen and rub a bit of the Lock It Up and it is moisturized for the rest of the day. I love it and my hair is responding very well it has defined my natural coils and added moisture at the same time, all I was aiming for was the moisture. The biggest test area were my temples because they seem to be the driest part of my hair but they are even curly and very soft, I am impressed. I am hoping that I can go till Wednesday before I need to wash or until the weekend. If I do feel the need to wash before Saturday I will be using my Suave Coconut conditioner because Aubrey was ten dollars a bottle and that needs to stretch as far as it can. If this gets me through the week, I will say that I have found my moisture regimen. I will definitely update about this moisturizing journey on Saturday my normal hair washing day. Until then. . . .

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails