Sunday, November 22, 2009

The past few weeks since my last hair update have been wonderful, I have been in hair heaven with my new simple hair regimen. I am coming up to my one year anniversary of being natural and have finally figured out what my hair likes and doesn't like...yeah it took a year. So, I decided to keep it simple until the end of the year with no special hairstyles, ie my twists, but I am still using my shea butter, just can't live without it, I was on a protective style challenge with twists but the last time I took the twists out I just didn't have time to put them back in. So the rest of my challenge is consisting of this: co-washing every Saturday and a deep condition, throughout the week I apply shea butter/coconut oil to my hair every night and in the mornings I spray with warm water and apply some Hawaiian Silky Curl Activator. If you recall the last post was about the Activator that I am still using and loooove it! My hair is doing wonderful and stays moisturized and soft all day. I didn't shampoo my hair, I figured if I am only washing once a week I shouldn't need to shampoo but once a month, we'll see how that turns out. But on the other hand, if I am clarifying once a month do I really need a shampoo? What you think?

This past Thursday I also did a henna treatment, I decided to check out the India Mart here and see if they carried some "real" henna and they did, my product of choice was the Reshma brand just because a fellow blogger always uses and gives great reviews. I have to admit I loved it too, not to mention it was only $2.99, after mixing some EVOO with it I applied it and let set for almost two hours and rinsed it out it gave my hair a great shine and even brightened up my hair color some more.

Stay tuned for my next post, I will be cleaning out my bathroom cabinet and getting rid of the products I don't use, lets see what I find.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails