Saturday, May 9, 2009

Overwhelmed

This morning I went for a hair consultation at a natural hair care salon, I am getting overwhelmed with my hair and need a little assistance if you will. The stylist, Queen, was so nice she looked at my hair, which is healthy, and told me what she does. She specializes in Locs, Twists, Natural coils, and healthy hair. She has a style that she calls the funky fro that lasts for two to three weeks and all I have to do is sleep in a satin cap, nothing extra has to be done and that is definitely what I need. I made an appointment for next Saturday which will also include a peppermint, tea tree, eucalyptus, hot oil treatment, hmmm sounds interesting. I am excited if all goes well I will be seeing her every two, hopefully three, weeks. She said make sure I wash and detangle by the third week cause my so they do not start to loc. She also told me to make sure I detangle more often so my coils do not start to loc cause my hair type locs fast. I did thank her for that bit of info cause seriously I detangle about once every two weeks and I do not want locs, nothing against them just don't like them on myself. Toodles.

2 comments:

Lady Q said...

Good luck. I cut my hair down again so I get the job of starting over. It seems to be growing faster this time which is wonderful. I am learning to love my hair as it is and working on keeping things simple. I try to cowash and then immediately apply my homemade whipped shea butter-it soaks up a lot of the water and leaves my hair feelin soft all day. When my hair grows back out I am going to do more twists outs. I think they can be worn for 3-4 days. Probably longer if I really take care of it. I can't afford regular hair stylist visits.

Kinky Rhonnie said...

Ooh, I'm excited to see the results of your salon visit. Last 2 - 3 weeks! Wow.

Related Posts with Thumbnails