Friday, April 10, 2009

Protective Hairstyles

I have been debating about what types of protective hairstyle I should get, there are so many to choose from. I haven't made up my mind yet but here are some ideas. Here are my top four and a littel info on them:



Two/Three Strand Twists: This is where you use two or three strands of hair and twist around each other all the way around until you reach the ends of the hair. Two strand twists are easy as are the strand twist but they are a little bit difficult to explain how to do. I like the three strand twists because they hold better than the two strands. I do three strands on my daughter because they hold her fine hair better. I found out about the three strand twist on youtube a couple of years ago, I will try to get a video uploaded on how to do a two strand twist.



Roller Set (Using perm rods): Farely easy to do, perm rods are the small colorful rollers with the elastic band on it. Using your favorite products wrap your hair around the roller, let air dry or sit under a hairdryer. After hair is completely dry carefully remove rollers and and seperate curls into about three sections. Beautiful curls!



Braids: Self explanatory. You can use your own hair or add hair extensions, whatever floats your boat. They can be individual or cornrows.





Flat Twists: Flat twists are much like cornrows except they are twisted using two strands of hair. Very simple to do with some practice.

Basically any hairstyle that keeps you from manipulating your hair is a protective style. Try which ever style makes you comfortable, is easy for you to do, and is easy for you to take care of for a few or several days. What ever style you try make sure you Rock It!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails