Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Inspiration: Circimcision of the Heart

Moreover the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendents, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 30:6

Today's Scriptur recalls the days when God called the Israelites to be circumcised. This physical cutting away of the foreskin symbolized that they were God's own, a chosen people. God would someday perform a circumcision on their hearts as well. Does your heart need a check up?
This thought coming to mind because I spent this past weekend, all weekend, being mad at my husband instead of enjoying my time off as a family. We finally made up this afternoon, after he apologized and I finally accepted it. OH the thoughts that went through my head. I had hardend my heart towards him alittle. But all is well now, can't let the little things upset a beautiful marriage. Circumcise my heart Lord.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails