Monday, June 20, 2011

Hair Business

I have been doing hair for the past 6 days, starting with my sisters hair on Wednesday and Friday taking down her locs finally finishing on Saturday.  After calculating it all up it took about 15 hours total to comb all the locs out, not bad, we cut half the locs and then got started.  Here hair is very thick and unfortunately she does not want to deal with it so in two weeks she is getting a texturizer.  Sad Face, I know.  But you have to understand my sister: she is very tenderheaded, she works nights and sleeps all day, not to mention is expecting her third child, and she hates doing too much to her hair with a passion. I tried to talk her out of it but her mind is made up, I'm not mad at her though, what ever is going to make her happy.
One last loc waiting to come undone

She is free...
Unfortunately we were so excited that it was all over we did not take an after shampoo and style shot, but trust me it was so dang cute on her. Oh and we shampooed with Shea Moisture Moisture Rentention, she likes it so she bought her some too.

Ok, so Thursday, I braided two little girls hair, not my girls, I have regular "clients" whose hair I braid, I don't like dealing with grown folks.
Sunday I washed and retwisted my husbands hair cause it was looking a hot mess.  To shampoo I used my African black soap shampoo that I make with peppermint, talk about refreshing, I then twisted with Jamaican Mango and Lime Wax Creme, the Tahliah Wahjid was not giving a good hold. He was looking fantastic!



It's definitely growing...

So what did I do today, I braided one more "clients" hair and then got to working in mine.
First I took a dip in the pool, I love swimming.  Today I calrified using VO5 Tea Therapy Clarifying shampoo, that stuff is no joke even after being diluted with water it left my hair clllleeeaaannn, but after conditioning with my Tresemme and doing a deep conditioning treatment my hair was fine. I haven't clarified in a while and I could definitely tell it was time.  Style of choice was a wash and go using Kinky Curly Custard, sorry ya'll I really like that stuff, I put it in my hair and was out the door.  This summer equals simple and this for me is simple....One thing I did different was I worked with bigger sections instead of small ones then I twisted after applying the custard and let the twists sit in for a while and untwisted, this definitely made my results much better, where there's a will there's a way...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails