Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Help

Okay ya'll, I need your help. Tomorrow I am going to a career fair, yep my job search is still on, and was wondering if it is alright for me to wear my two strand twists. I don't have a problem with my hair but lets get real, first impressions are everything and I need a new job. I am not the type of person who cares too much of what people think of me but I don't want potential employers to throw me out cause of my hair, maybe my personality will pull me in, I'm a sanguine ya'll. Anyways what should I do with my hair, is it alright to wear the twists, my only other option would be to wear a twist out, plus I am not ready to take them out I have done so good with my protective styling. My sister says wear them, what should I do?

1 comment:

Kinky Rhonnie said...

Hey there,

Unfortunately, I have to suggest that you wear it loose.

I know how hard it is to let go of a fresh twist set but I definitely think there is still a stigmatism attached to what some consider ethnic styling and you want every opportunity to be given a fair chance.

I've read on numerous forums that a short loose fro is more readily accepted that braids, locs and twists.

I work in corporate America and frequently wear two-strand twists but it's different trying to get in the door versus already being established.

This is my own humble opinion of course.

I wish you the best of luck and would love to know what you ultimately decide.

~Kinky Rhonnie

It's sad but it's reality.

Related Posts with Thumbnails