Monday, July 11, 2011

Sew Not About Hair 3, well maybe a little...

Ok back on my crafting thing...
The other day while scanning my craft blogs I ran across  the cutest bracelet and decided I wanted to make it. Now I had  never done this  before but I thought  what the hey, it turned out cute if I do say so...

double wrapped beaded bracelet

Then I decided to make some matching earrings

 
I don't have holes in my ears so I do clipons

The whole set
    Since this was my first time making these I 
just bought some regular wooden beads to see 
how it would turn out.  The next one 
will be more stunning.

I already have one order :)

Hair
I had a wedding to go to on Saturday, so on Tuesday I washed my hair and did a braid out everyday so it could be stretched by the big day cause I was going to do a cute style all pinned up and what not...so I thought.  I bought the hair pins and got to working,  the wedding started at 6 and it was around 4:30 when I started.  No I did not have plenty of time, do we women ever have plenty of time.  Had to get kids to sitter and still get dressed.  Hubby left at 4:45 to drop girls off so I started pinning: first style, second style, third style, none of the styles were working.  For starters it is humid here and the humidity just had my hair a poofy
mess, nothing was helping my hair and I was afraid to add any hair lotion for fear of more frizz.  Frustration was setting in now. Hubby calls at 5:15, he was on the way home and my hair still wasn't done, what to do.  So guess what I did? Got one of my good stretch bands, wrapped it around my neck, and Viola, a hair style...

 There are those thin sides I was 
talking about, still working on them.

other side

Still got compliments with this style though :)

2 comments:

Funbi said...

Wow sis these look great!! Can't wait to see the other versions you will come up with!



http://datfunkyfro.blogspot.com

naturallady said...

Thanks so much, it was really relaxing to do these. I am planning on doing an end summer giveaway which will include some great goodies including one or two handmade items, and one of these bracelets so stay tuned.

Related Posts with Thumbnails