Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tuesday reading review: Keeper of Secrets...Translations of an Incident

I love to read and decided to showcase a few several of the books that I have read and found to be really entertaining to me...hint, hint.  I have always been an avid reader and since I have gotten this Kindle back in October I have become even more addicted to reading cause I can download a book whenever I get ready.  The one good thing about the Kindle is I can set up my account for a certain limit meaning I am not paying an arm and a leg for a book.

On to the first book:
Keeper of Secrets...Tanslations of an Incident
by Anjuelle Floyd

This book was great and literally took me two days to read, I actually had to make myself put the book down so I would have something to read on the roadtrip back home to Memphis.
The book is actually made up of 8 different stories and each story contains their own characters and at least one of the characters is connected with one of the stories.  The one thing they all have in common is an incident in a restaurant that happens at the beginning of the story.   
Each story is about a couple dealing with love, intimacy, truths, and coming to terms with these three things.
The first story starts off with Raven, a therapist, and Drew Clark, a lawyer, who have been married for 16 years, two months after marrying Drew Raven aborts a child of a man she used to ( and still maybe) love.  After that she can't stop thinking of that baby and at the same time try to come to understand her mothers betrayal and lies to her and blames her for the problems she is dealing with now, to love her husband or move on.
Have you ever read a book and thought wow I feel like this book is talking to me? That is how I felt about this book, it truly opened my eyes and had me take a look at things that I keep to myself and and realize I know what I need to do, many times while reading this book I found my mind wandering and had to come back...more on that later.

To find out more about this book and the author follow this link, Keeper of Secrets...

Price: 99 cents on Kindle
          $11.66 on Amazon

This book was awesome and I would recommend it over and over again.  
Definitely gets 5*****
      



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails